Here in NetBet casino, you can play thousands of exciting games. We’re not just talking about online slots, which are well and truly entertaining. Every great online casino will have a variety of games on offer, including luck and skill-based table and card games which we’ll feature right here!
What is Casino War?
Casino War is one of the simplest card games you can play for real money in online casinos. Patented in 1993, it’s a comparing card game played against a dealer. One or more players sit at a table, going to ‘war’ with the dealer in a game where the highest card wins.
All the cards in Casino War have the same rank as in poker, although the Aces are always high. Of course, you won’t need to create a poker hand to win. As a matter of fact, the game is much closer to blackjack than poker, but it is unique and much faster paced, making it a favourite of casual players. Plus, you need no major skills to play it – as mentioned previously, this is a very simple and fun card game.
Casino War Rules
Casino War was initially popular in Las Vegas, but can now be found in online casinos such as here in NetBet. The game begins by you placing a bet. You have many options, so choose the one that fits your bankroll. Click on Play and the dealer will give you and himself one face up card.
There are three possible outcomes of each round:
- If your card has a higher value than the dealers, you win.
- You lose if your card value is lower than the dealer’s.
- Two equal cards result in a tie. At this point, you can either surrender or go to war.
Surrendering means forfeiting your bet and getting half of it back. But, hey, why quit when you can go to war? Going to war means making a bet equal to the initial one. The dealer then burns three cards before dealing another one to you and himself.
The basics of the war are simple. If you win this time, you get paid 3 times the original bet. If you lose, all your bets are gone. Surprisingly, if the war round ends in a tie, it’s a win for the player.
Casino War Tips
- Some Casino War games will come with a side bet on a tie that pays 10:1. That’s a handsome pay-out, but your chances are low, so don’t take it.
- If you’re in a tie, never surrender. Go to war as it reduces the house edge of the game and gives you a 50/50 chance to win.
- When playing Casino War, start with small bets. It’s best to play responsibly and not lose your bankroll in one or a few tries.
- Never chase your losses. If you simply can’t beat the dealer due to bad luck, log out and try another day.
When you choose NetBet Casino, you can enjoy a whole range of top quality games. Whatever you choose, always remember to bet responsibly. Here at NetBet, player wellbeing is our number one priority – check out our Responsible Gambling tips and tools page for more information.